FREE CSI Webinar – Vegetated Roofing Systems: Benefits and Design Considerations (8/1/13)Posted: July 16, 2013
What Is a Green Roof?
A “green roof” is an extension of a new or existing roof that involves a high-quality water proofing and root repellant system, a drainage system, filter cloth, a lightweight growing medium and plants. Green roof systems may be modular, with drainage layers, filter cloth, growing media and plants already prepared in movable, interlocking grids, or, each component may be installed separately. Green roof development involves the creation of “contained” green space on top of a human-made structure. This green space could be below, at or above grade, but in all cases the plants are not planted in the “ground.”
How Can Green Roofs Save You Money?
- Extend Service Life of Roof
- Manage Storm WaterReduce Energy Costs
- Reduce Heat Island Effect
- Reduce Air, Water and Noise Pollution
- Increase Property Value & Employee Efficiency
- Create a Wildlife Habitat
- Receive money back via tax incentives and grants (some municipalities)
- Increase the efficiency of solar panels
Click here to learn about green walls:
See on www.csinet.org